Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Its MINE!

The game of tug of war is on.  It is a common game that occurs between my children.  It is either played between either my son and my youngest daughter, my youngest daughter and my oldest daughter, or all three.  I start to hear "MINE!  MINE!  MINE!"  It brings me to think of the seagulls from Finding Nemo. 
I am sitting on the couch attempting to complete course work for a few of my classes...sort of hoping my lovely and highly obediant(one can only wish) children will work things out among themselves.  They don't seem to be able to.  I finally take a moment of my time to yell to them and plead with them to please share.  Although it seems like I am more so yelling at the walls rather than people for my lovely children do not seem to hear me(or try to avoid me) and go on fighting over the toy that they claim is "theirs." 
I decide to migrate from the couch to whichever room the loud, obnoxious screaming is coming from to find out what is going on.  When I enter, my four year old has a hold of my two year olds Tonka truck.  He is trying to rip it out of her hands and she refuses to let go by applying her death grip to the bed of the truck.  Her face says it all, "there is no way."  My two year old continues screaming, "MINE!!!"  I wait just a moment.  I want to see if my mere presence will have the children break it up.  Not for a minute.  I am forced to intervene.  Forcefully, I begin to pry the Tonka truck out of both of their hands.  It is not as easy as one might think.  If you have children or have ever experienced watching a younger child, then you completely understand my frustration.  My four year old hesitates for a moment to let go.  My two year old clings for life to his beloved truck.  I have had enough.  Trying to take a favorite toy away from a toddler or a child of any age, I would imagine is like trying to pry some item out of a dead mans stiff fingers.  There is absolutely no letting go.  I finally manage to rip the truck away from my two year old and run it to the secret hiding spot where I place all toys that I have to confiscate from the children.  Just as a teachers desk when an item is taken from a student.  Dylan, my two year old looks all around.  The truck is hidden.  He keeps at his attempted hawk vision for about five more minutes before he forgets about it and moves on. 
Although the truck was and is my sons.  Because of the fight that occured between daughter and son...the truck became MINE!  Mom wins yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment